Friday, August 27, 2021

Where is the main story located?

 Up until the basement reveal, people have been wondering where the walls would be located, and finally, in 2016, with the release of chapter 86, titled "That day" (or for the pickiest, chapter 85 "The basement"), we got the reveal we've been waiting for five years:


When I read this, I asked myself: "Then where are we?" - And my question was promptly answered.

Our main characters, Eren, Mikasa, Armin and the others come from the Hermit Kingdom of Eldia, situated on Paradis Island.

Which, put to perspective with Marley (the people who sent pure titans towards the Walls for 100 years, the ones who transformed Ymir and Dina Fritz into titans, who killed Faye Jaeger, who sent Reiner and the other Warriors to destroy the walls), looks awfully familiar ...


Well, it's because it is familiar!

Like a lot of things in Attack on Titan, the world map is also reversed by 180 degrees; in fact, if we turn the Manga map like this:


We get our world map! (or at least a more stylised and less detailed version of it)

From the info given by the characters we simply understand that the continent of Marley is actually Africa, and that Paradis Island is actually the Island of Madagascar!

To make everything a bit clearer, I remade the map, so that it will be easier for us to understand what we're doing.


Hope you like it!

Thank you for reading,
Alesmat.





1 comment:

  1. Hey again! Sorry for the lack of articles, but I haven't had much time to write them, but I think I'll get to work on everything else. About the pre-historical situation, I still have to come up with a plausible way on how there are natives on Telsis and "South-North America" before both Eldian and Marleyan arrivals, but one day an article will come out about it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog!

 Hello everyone! My name is Alesmat, and I am an Attack on Titan enthusiast! Other things I'm interested in are: history, geography and ...